Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Recall Reason

I'm scared of turning into my parents and I think my parents are scared I'll vote for Hillary, but I've got smaller things to worry about than worldwide whirlwinds too big for 2 eyes that never had time for my microscopic heart.

I know the last 14 years haven't erased what happened in September, but despite the tears and eulogies 
trickle-down-depression hardly affects three Mountain West cities already soaking in it.

I hear a boy in first period talk about how his dad just texted him happy birthday,
three weeks late.
I see girls lose friend groups and don't ever know why,
the relentless rhythm goes on.
I feel stories I don't know circulating as quietly as the blood in our veins.

And I can't help wondering,
is this what the world really is?

At 7 I was sheltered.
At 11 I contemplated ending it, and maybe that's too young, but so is eighty.
At 12 I cried in mom's arms for the last time because it was all so different.

And at 17 I won't pretend I get it all, but I'm starting to understand some people.
One of which is myself.
Emotions revolve like my favorite doors from childhood, but that isn't necessarily the nightmare people make it out to be.
There's give and take to most everything.

Maybe all our names were in the history book at one point, but it got recalled for lack of love.
We've got each other now,
and no recall.

I like to think there's a reason for that.





8 comments:

  1. "Maybe all our names were in the history book at one point, but it got recalled for lack of love.
    We've got each other now,
    and no recall."

    Powerful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely perfect (you and your writing; just wanted to clarify but i don't know if those are two different things)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never stop impressing me. This was so real, and I love your opening line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This deserves more than any comment I'm prepared to compose,

    but wow.

    your first line.

    and the part about 80 being to young

    such an interesting take on things and I appreciate your writing more than you'll know.

    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing and words are beautiful. I love all of your posts. I love your style. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete