Sunday, October 18, 2015

It Meant

I remember looking out the airplane window into a bright white blank slate.
And maybe in the end all it meant was there too many clichéd Hollywood effects stored away in my brain, but for a second I swear it meant we were all dead.
Maybe I knew, deep down, that we'd emerge from that logical product of condensation perfectly alive.

But for a second, we were all dead together.

First-class passengers still closed their business deals, those girls in front of me kept checking out that boy, and he kept pretending not to notice.
The Avengers on my neighbor's iPad kept saving New York, but despite the Hollywood effects, no one wrote a hero into our movies.
Not a single one.
We were just more extras grounded into the screenplay's ink and forgotten before the popcorn ran out.

And maybe that was okay.

So sometimes I try to love them all like their mothers would. 
I'm no good, but sometimes I try just the same.
Because we're all heroes,
or at least the main characters,
in our own movie.

And I'm not saying every movie wants to be a box-office hit or Academy Award winner,
but I think every movie wants to be watched at least once.

And I think every movie would have a fan, 
if someone took the time to watch.


9 comments:

  1. Wow.. I don't know if I got the deeper meaning in this correct, but this was an amazing write. And btw I really like your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line.

    And all the ones before it.

    And the way you write is unbelievable.

    Truly amazing.

    Helped me with my post.

    #stolen I guess. Not really.

    Always a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um k so the last line. wow. just wow I loved this. the whole idea and you said it all perfectly and all I can say is wow

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And I think every movie would have a fan,
    if someone took the time to watch"
    That was so good

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful and powerful. keep doing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. for a second I swear it meant we were all dead.
    #stolen

    sorry not sorry to be rereading your old posts
    and recommenting
    but its fine because it can always mean more the second time around

    ReplyDelete